Skip to main content
Hello. I'm an ordinary person concerned about the environment and all the problems it faces in our modern world. I'm trying to change the way I do things, little by little, to make a small difference. I definitely believe if everyone makes small changes, big changes follow. This blog is for me to see how I am doing in my quest to leave nothing but footprints on the world, and for you to get ideas to do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A decade more of thoughtful living

My recent musings have been on my private Facebook page, but after some friends said they'd like to share what I have posted with their friends, I've decided to post back on this blog too. These days, I own my own freestanding home with a garden, instead of a rental flat as I had in the past - but I feel I am quite behind with what I could do for sustainable living. I still have a herb and vegetable garden, use timers for lights and devices on chargers, have installed sensor lights, shop with reusuable shopping and produce bags, and dry my clothes on hangers on a chain..actually I still have the same chain and hangers as I did over ten years ago. But the last few years have been less about small steps and more moving towards "zero waste"; initially just reducing landfill and recycling wherever possible, then gradually becoming more mindful of the end-of-life of the products we buy today; and now considering the energy that goes into transporting "things...

Balcony gardening

Turns out that in this moderate weather at least, it is possible to grow a garden in pots on a small balcony. I'm watering it only with water saved with a bucket in the shower while the water is heating, and saving more than I can use at the moment! So hopefully I won't have to go shopping for lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum or various herbs anymore; and that if they all work out, I'll add more plants to the collection. (By the way, the pots I'm using are either old ones that are in re-use despite looking worse for wear, or new pots that are recyclable.)